The tallest monument in America will become the spookiest monument when the Gateway Arch transforms into a family-friendly Halloween party full of tricks and treats. The kiddies won’t want to miss this unique way to trick-or-treat, complete with a haunted tram ride!
Grab your costume and start your Halloween celebrations early as Frights and Heights returns to Gateway Arch National Park. On Saturday October 15, the Arch visitor center will welcome your little goblins and ghosts to a fun evening of games, crafts, treats and other Halloween-themed activities.
Here’s a sampling of what you can do that evening:
- Trick or Tram: Your ride to the top of the Gateway Arch features spooky sights and sounds!
- Puppet Shows: Don’t miss the puppet shows at 7:30 pm and 8:30 pm as Lewis and Clark describe their adventures in the American West and share some spooky and true stories from the trails!
- Boo-loon Animals: Artists will bring your favorite creepy crawlers to life!
- Freaky Fudge: If you’ve got the guts for it, try some Halloween-themed specialty fudge flavors!
- Creepy Crafts: Express yourself by decorating a small pumpkin to take home!
- Live Music: Join the Halloween dance party when a DJ will take over the Arch mezzanine!
- Playful Face Painting: You’ll look hauntingly good after a little makeover!
Family-friendly costumes are encouraged, though no weapons – real or pretend – are allowed, and masks must be removed while going through the security checkpoint. Children can pick up candy and special prizes from various trick-or-treat stations set up throughout the Arch. They’ll also receive a free ticket for a one-hour Riverfront Cruise on the Mississippi River.
The fun starts at 6:30 p.m. and lasts until 10:00 p.m. Get your Frights and Heights tickets here. You may also want to pre-purchase garage parking downtown to avoid higher prices for other downtown St. Louis events.
And visitors are encouraged to share a photo of their costumes or your time at Freights & Heights on social media with #FrightsandHeights, and tag GatewayArchSTL on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.